Networker

[Networker] 7.4.2 -> 7.4.4 or 7.5 - upgrade thoughts/recommendations

2009-01-29 09:10:21
Subject: [Networker] 7.4.2 -> 7.4.4 or 7.5 - upgrade thoughts/recommendations
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:04:15 -0500
Hi, we are currently running NW 7.4.2 on windows with no issues, and
need to upgrade NW to get the advantage of the ESX/VCB licensing model
so we can do more VCB backups.

We have an environment of about 50 nw clients, mostly windows, some
linux, also 1 NDMP (Celerra), exch module, and mssql module ...

If you were I, would you upgrade to 7.4.4, or bite the proverbial bullet
and just go to 7.5 now? (I'm wary of both, due to people's
comments/issues that I've seen here since 7.5 was released, as well as
7.4.4).

Or... Would you wait, as I would prefer to do, until 7.5.1 is released?
(I'm hoping this is soon, as EMC appears to be following the same
release cycle as they did last year with 7.4).

Thanks everyone!

Regards,
Jamie