Networker

Re: [Networker] two separate networker environments

2009-01-28 07:57:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] two separate networker environments
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:55:24 -0500
> From: helenjay <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:36:58 -0500
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: [Networker] two separate networker environments
>
> Hello,
> We have two separate environments.  The first is Solaris's version of
> Networker 7.2 on Solaris 9 with an SL500 used for our SAP environment, the
> second is Networker 7.3.2 on Solaris 9 with an SL500 + two storage nodes, used
> for everything else.  The question is, is there any way these two separate
> environments can 'talk' to each other, i.e. can you share the hardware without
> incurring loads of cost, licenses etc.  I ask because we currently send
> physical tapes off site and wish to get away from this.

What exactly do you have in mind? If your two environments use the same tape
media, you can scan one server's tapes into the other, but it would be a
very slow process. You should also be running the same NetWorker version on
both servers. You should at least upgrade the older server to 7.3.2 so they
are on parity with one another.