Networker

[Networker] Confirming an nsradmin query (attribute update)

2009-01-28 05:10:37
Subject: [Networker] Confirming an nsradmin query (attribute update)
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 05:09:01 -0500
Seeking a quick confirm / sanity check, as I'm getting better at nsradmin but
don't want to blast the wrong client configs.

I've got a bunch of clients (associated with a group) that need to have the
'remote access' setting changed to a new/different list.

In looking at the various manpages, I believe the query should look something
like this:

. type: nsr client; group: sybase
 update remote access: "host=recover1, host=recover2"

I'm OK with blasting the existing remote access list (some of the older clients
reference shutdown 'recover' hosts), but for *that* group only.  I'm using the
host= format (aka any user at host) since these are dedicated recover hosts,
and I need to allow our Ops folks to do saveset recoveries from them.

Thanks in advance,
--Tim Kimball