Networker

Re: [Networker] recoveriing from disk clone

2009-01-27 13:30:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] recoveriing from disk clone
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:27:32 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
01/27/2009 05:46:53 AM:

> any1 any answers regarding restoring from clone tapes...? your
> suggestions would be valuable...

I'm not sure I understand your question. I have like 9 clones on my
network. And I have recovered files from tapes made by these clones quite
easily. I haven't recovered the entire client the clones were made from.
Is that what you are asking?

My clones are made from AFTD devices (no staging). In fact, just today I
restored a set of files from a set of tapes made from a clone pool, that
were created a few months ago. Is that what you mean?