Networker

[Networker] TCPIP$RSH - Permission denied - host IP addr error message

2009-01-27 13:13:17
Subject: [Networker] TCPIP$RSH - Permission denied - host IP addr error message
From: McManus <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 05:25:59 -0500
Hi There,

Im new to EMC networker, so please bear with me.
 I have searched through the forum here, and have found some tips, but am still
having the problem below.

Im getting the following error message when I try to run a scheduled backup.

42506 01/26/09 14:14:00  2 0 0 3074840000 12207 0 <server name> nsrd savegroup
info: starting NGP (with 2 client(s))
Unable to render the following message: TCPIP$RSH - Permission denied - host IP
addr

I have tried adding entires to the .rhosts file,  verified the entries in the
hosts file, deleted and created new clients, stopped and restarted nsrexecd.

This is a standalone server, with the clients and server on the same box, and
no internet connection. There are other boxes that FTP to this networker box,
and then networker should move these files to tape.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can try now?

NSR Version 7.4.2
linux 2.x

Thanks in advance,
Lenny