Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP Schedling

2009-01-20 20:26:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP Schedling
From: NetWorker <networker AT cresend DOT com>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:20:56 -0600
I think the minimum tape use you can achieve over 31 days with 10 levels and
no incremental function is arrived at using something like this:

0,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,3,4,4,4,5,5,5,6,6,6,6,7,7,7,8,8,8,9,9,9,9

It minimizes the accumulation. It should be the optimum arrangement if that
is the only parameter you are concerned about. If you are on 5 days instead
of 7 per week you can do a little better.