Networker

Re: [Networker] Disable CDI for EDL Drives

2009-01-19 10:50:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Disable CDI for EDL Drives
From: Jóhannes Karl Karlsson <johannes.karlsson AT SKYRR DOT IS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:47:07 -0000
Hi. Chester.

You need to put the networker management console in to diagnostic mode (View -
diag mode).

The CDI / SCSI commands attribute is configured at per tape device level. Go to
properties on each one - advanced - CDI not used.

We were recommended by EMC to put the tape drives into "not used" mode.

You can of course do this with nsradmin, but I can't help you there.

Johannes Karl