Networker

Re: [Networker] tuning in LTO 4 tape library

2009-01-19 05:12:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] tuning in LTO 4 tape library
From: Shyamsundar Hegde <hegde.shyam AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:37:41 +0530
If your network is the bottleneck , upgraded drives in no way would help.
Ensure all LAN ports in the path are at max speed full duplex and not on auto.
We tend to ignore switch port configs, worth having a look at your switch ports
as well.

What  is the server parallalism value set ? Increase parallalism and drive
target sessions and optimise them. If there are few large savesets which run
for long time split them and run in parallel.

Dont you append backup to tapes ? If it uses 2 tapes to write and if  you keep
appending them, it shouldn't hurt tape utilization.

Thanks!
Shyamsundar Hegde

( Apologies for typos, sent from my Windows mobile )