Networker

Re: [Networker] Schedule overrides

2009-01-14 18:04:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Schedule overrides
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:00:16 -0600
Easy, just apply new schedule for one night for that client, this could be
one of the built in schedule or couple of custom schedule previously
defined, there could be other valid approached, like the one you mention
also.
Thanks

Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
01/14/2009 04:46 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Schedule overrides

> Jóhannes Karl Karlsson
>
> But I find it interesting that you're using client schedules as a
> rule. I like this idea of group schedules, it keep things simple. All
> the clients in every group do Full backups at the same day.

True, it's simpler, but what if you want to quickly modify, eg. the backup

of just one client in the group for just one night?

Actually, it would be nice (as already mentioned) if a group schedule was
simply a default for all clients in the group and client schedules
overrode it. But apparently, that's not the case... ?

type