Networker

Re: [Networker] Interrogate CAP of L700 via Legato?

2009-01-14 07:52:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Interrogate CAP of L700 via Legato?
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 12:50:46 +0000
Rachel Polanskis wrote:

I know we can stop Legato to gain access to the command, but that is unacceptable in our environment and it is a procedure you would think to normally consider routine when using enterprise level hardware and software!

You don't need to stop NetWorker, just disable the jukebox briefly. The only effect is that you won't be able to load/unload tapes while it is disabled, any backup already running will be unaffected.