Networker

Re: [Networker] Interrogate CAP of L700 via Legato?

2009-01-14 07:30:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Interrogate CAP of L700 via Legato?
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 07:26:31 -0500
On 1/14/09 3:22 AM, Davina Treiber wrote:
I am using 7.4.3 on Solaris 10 and sjirdtag works.
The difference between this and earlier versions is that the nsrlcpd
locks the autochanger device, so you need to stop the nsrlcpd (by
disabling the jukebox in NetWorker) before you can run commands such as
sjirdtag and sjimm. It's a bit of a hassle, but it's not an
insurmountable problem.

Interesting! I'm using 7.4.3 (build 569) on Solaris 9 with a Qualstar XLS and I do not have any problems running the sji commands while NetWorker has the jukebox enabled (I do make it a habit of NOT doing anything via the sji commands that will confuse NW though).