Networker

[Networker] fast start VTL license issue

2009-01-12 12:03:08
Subject: [Networker] fast start VTL license issue
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 16:51:55 +0000
Hi. I have configured networker fast start 7.4.3 on a linux redhat server. I
have a HP VLS 6200 VTL configured as a HP E-Series Tape library. Following the
initial install the networker server was using the default license included
which covers all options for 45 days. The VTL was working successfully at this
stage.

When i installed our permanent licenses the VTL stopped working with an error
message of "the jukebox is not properly enabled". The install of the permanent
Networker Fast Start License resulted in the automatic creation of 1 Library
license and 1 VTL license.

Should the VTL license included with Fast Start be compatible with a HP VTL?
There seems to be a dispute as to whether the VTL license included with Fast
Start supports just an EMC EDL or any type of VTL.

I have also installed a temp VTL license that was provided to me by EMC but the
same error message appears when i attempt ot use the library with nsrjb,
inventory or mount/unmount commands.

Has anyone esle had any issues with VTL licensing on Fast statrt.

thanks for any information!!