Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up remote laptops

2009-01-07 10:46:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up remote laptops
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:44:39 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
01/07/2009 10:31:09 AM:

> > From: Sean Conway <sean.conway AT SONEPAR-US DOT COM>
> > Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:18:10 -0500
> > To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> > Subject: [Networker] Backing up remote laptops
> >
> > Happy new year all. Looking to backup laptops in the field. Would like
> > know what you all are doing.  Straight Networker client, or a combo
third
> > party and Networker?  Been looking at third party like EMC and
Symxntec,
> > also offline folders in Win2k3. Any suggestions would be greatly
> > appreciated.
>
> You mean, besides dumping data a USB jump drive?

We prohibit writing to devices on USB drives via the Sanctuary Device
Control software, from Lumension. Reading is OK; we just don't want anyone
being able to write to a USB drive, and abscond with data. This ties into
MS Active Directory, so it goes by login ID.