Networker

Re: [Networker] Auto Media Management Question

2008-12-31 14:24:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Auto Media Management Question
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 13:23:04 -0600
No, Lable tapes that are unused, New tapes & Tapes outside of configured
pools  to one of the pools that is allowed to recycle to and from.Lot of
admins create a scratch pools to which this steps are done and scratch
pool is recycled to other pools.
Thanks

psoni <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
12/31/2008 12:34 PM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Auto Media Management Question

What about the available volumes ( labeled with barcode # ) which are not
allocated to any of the media pools yet ?

I thought auto media management allows networker to automatically allocate
any unused volumes to the media pool if needed

|This was sent by soni.parth AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

type