Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup level question

2008-12-30 14:55:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup level question
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 13:53:04 -0600
Hello,
Perhaps it's time to update diskspace on the VTL, use compression or DD or
both.
Could you talk to DBA's about cleaning up the file systems and dumps if
they have multiple dumps ?
What about snapshots ? They may be more efficient in disk usage.
How long do you retain the data on VTL ? can this be trimmed back ?
HTH

nkarthik <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
12/30/2008 01:38 PM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Backup level question

Hello,

I have a NDMP group which is right now backed up with the following
schedule. "full 1 2 3 4 5 6" every week. Now i have to change the schedule
because the above schedule is occupying too much of VTL space. The
savesets are mostly the DB backups which are replaced everyday in the
filesystem. Can anyone please recommend me a change in backup level.

Thanks in advance.

Narayan

|This was sent by karthikeyan.narayanan AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

type