Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Training

2008-12-22 11:38:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Training
From: Rick Brode <rick AT BRODETRAINING DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:34:45 -0700
Joe,

I'm kinda curious where you got your information that EMC's NetWorker training is so poor?? Having worked for EMC Education from 2003-2006, I saw the student evaluations for all classes taught by EMC each week. On a 5 point scale, the overall score for NetWorker classes taught in North America and the U.K. were consistently in the 4.7 - 4.9 range. In other words, 94-98% of the students felt that the class was excellent overall.

To the best of my knowledge right now, EMC has one NetWorker trainer in Canada, three in the U.S (one is a contractor/former EMC employee) and one in the U.K (contractor/former EMC employee). All of them have at least 10 years of NetWorker experience and are excellent trainers. I believe they all also had some sys admin experience prior to getting into training.

Having said that, there are other sources of NetWorker training in the U.S and U.K besides EMC and Cambridge Computers. You can find a list of companies in the FAQ of the Backup Central web-site.

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/What_training_is_available_for_Legato%3F

Rick

JW wrote:

Is there a Networker training available you can recommend? The EMC admin
course, to my knowledge, does not have a very good reputation.