Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup Groups Hanging

2008-12-22 10:56:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup Groups Hanging
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:55:29 -0600
Hello,
You are having hardware, driver or drive mismatch issues, Legato is
mounting the tapes & due to unexpected errors the Tapes are marked full, i
doubt this may be caused by dirty tape drives, but it can.
Please check the server eventlog and go through the config to identify the
issue.
HTH

ee01akk <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
12/22/2008 09:49 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Backup Groups Hanging

Hi Fazil,

It seems like all the media for the ACE CLONING POOL are marked for
recycling, even those media that are not 100% full. I'm wondering if there
is a problem in converting these volumes that are full, and marked for
recyclable back to 0% appendable? Possibly a retention policy problem!!

One thing I've noticed is that the library keeps getting set to disabled.
I have to manually right click on MSL5000 and click Enable/Disable to
toggle it.  You can also see in the screenshot that both tape drives have
Write Enabled set to No.

We only use the tapes that are there so as far as I know this should just
run without any intervention.

I have uploaded a screenshot of the tapes console view from the NMC:

http://www.zshare.net/image/531145967b62ee9f/

|This was sent by ee01akk AT hotmail DOT com via Backup Central.

type