Networker

[Networker] Staging just stops... ?

2008-12-22 09:28:35
Subject: [Networker] Staging just stops... ?
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 08:24:08 -0600
I don't recall if I've asked this here before or not, but if so, please
bear with me.

I have a small-ish test environment running 7.4 (Sun version) on Solaris
10 SPARC, with an adv_file device and SDLT320 drive to which it stages.
More than once, I've come in after a weekend (as I did today) to find that
the stage target tape is marked appendable, 47% full (eg., today) and yet
staging has just stopped with the alert "Waiting for more available space
on filesystem '/dbu/_AF_readonly'. Sure enough, /dbu (mount point for the
adv_file device) is 100% used. However, the state policy is set to
70%/50%, 4 hour recover space interval and 3 hour filesystem check
interval and it's been waiting all weekend.

So why has it stopped staging?

There's an nsrstage process out there, but it's just sitting there. Plenty
of space in /tmp, etc., nothing meaningful in the system log beyond what I
already know. Just no activity. trussing the nsrstage process just shows
it sleeping. In the past when this has happened, it's taken killing that
process, labeling a new stage tape and manually kicking it off again.

???
--
   Len Philpot

   Cleco IT Network Services, PGO3 - ext 7167
(318) 484-7167