Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Training

2008-12-19 14:34:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Training
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:32:22 -0600
Hello,
I agree, while back i came across a nicely written networker guide that
expalined lot of it's functionality with examples, as soon as i tried to
buy the guide, i found out it was no longer avallable\written, what's
lacking is comprehensive illustrations of Scripting & usage of cmd line
tools like nsradmin, mminfo, some of the scripting functionality may be
second nature to experienced linux, Unix admin but to others  it's a
mystery.
Thanks

Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
12/19/2008 01:24 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Networker Training

> From: JW <joe.n.wallace AT GMAIL DOT COM>
> Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 14:15:05 -0500
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: [Networker] Networker Training
>
> Hi.
>
> Those of you that have been using Networker for the past 2-3 years only.
I'm
> curios to know what has been most valuable for you in gaining expert
> knowledge on the product ?
>
> Is there a Networker training available you can recommend? The EMC admin
> course, to my knowledge, does not have a very good reputation.
>
> I find the admin guides rather cryptic and boring. And they tend to
spend to
> many words on something that does not matter.
>
> From my point of view: From this discussion list here I have had the
best
> explanations on things that the admin guides sometimes don't even try to
> explain. Why isn't there a book on this topic written for normal people
like
> me?

I am partial to Cambridge Computer Services' NetWorker training. I have no
experience with the NetWorker training provided by other firms, so I won't
claim they're the best in the world, but they served me well. Their web
site
is

<http://www.cambridgecomputer.com/>

This topic has been discussed several times on this list, so I suggest you
search the archives for "training" for other recommendations.

type