Networker

Re: [Networker] Other back-up products besides NetWorker

2008-12-19 10:34:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Other back-up products besides NetWorker
From: "Murphy, Brendan (DBO)" <Brendan.P.Murphy AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:31:23 +0000
I forgot to mention there's another HP product that I'm just now starting to
become involved with ... Electronic Vaulting Service. Have a look at the
following URLs :
http://www.hp.com/aquarius/flash_files/HPEVSE/Streaming_from_Web/Main_Menu.htm
http://h71028.www7.hp.com/ERC/downloads/4AA0-9813ENW.pdf

Although I don't think it'll pass the low cost requirement, it is an
interesting pointer to what the future might hold for us all. I'm sure there
are similar competitive products out there & the cost of this type of facility
can only come down. ... Having criticized the Open Source offering, I should
point out that the EVS system I'm currently working on is heavily Linux based.

Kind Regards,
Brendan Murphy,
HP Services Software Consultant | Tru64 ASE, ITIL, RHCE | Mob: +353 87 2361778
| Email : Brendan.P.Murphy AT hp DOT com
Postal Address: Hewlett-Packard Ireland Limited, Liffey Park Technology Campus,
Barnhall Road, Leixlip, County Kildare.
Registered Office: Hewlett-Packard Ireland Limited 63-74 Sir John Rogerson's
Quay, Dublin 2.   Registered Number: 34508
The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and may
be legally privileged. If you have received this message in error, you should
delete it from your system immediately and advise the sender.   To any
recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise stated you should
consider this message and attachments as "HP CONFIDENTIAL".