Networker

Re: [Networker] Getting NetWorker client to skip specified ports at startup

2008-12-17 06:31:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Getting NetWorker client to skip specified ports at startup
From: Kenneth Holter <kenneho.ndu AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:27:46 +0100
I forgot to add "nrsports" to the list of available option. So if I
understand correctly, using "nsrports" need to be issued once per server,
and the change will be persistent between reboots? I prefer "nsrports" over
the other options, so I'll go for this one if anyone confirms my assumption
about persistence.

On 12/16/08, Kenneth Holter <kenneho.ndu AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> If I understand correctly, one can either set the connection port range in
> the administration console (on the networker server), or use the "nsradmin"
> command line tool. Will both methods provide the same, persistent (i.e the
> configuration survives a reboot) results?
> I'm quite new to networker, and I've never used either of the tools.
>

> On 12/9/08, Brendan Sandes <brendannetworker AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
>>
>> use the nsrports command.
>>
>> something like "nsrports -S 7937-7940" (depending on whether the client is
>> also a storage node or other functions you may need more ports).  That
>> command needs to be run on the client in question and you need to stop and
>> start NetWorker on the client for it to take effect
>>

>> Brendan
>>
>>  On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Kenneth Holter <kenneho.ndu AT gmail DOT
>> com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>

>>> One of our applications depends on binding to port 9050 at startup. Last
>>> weekend the application did not come up after a reboot, as the NetWorker
>>> client had come first to using this particular port. Is there some way of
>>> getting NetWorker client to _not_ use this port (and maybe other
>>> specified
>>> ports) so that the affected applications do not crash/fail?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Kenneth Holter
>>>
>>> To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
>>> type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to
>>> networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with
>>> this
>>> list. You can access the archives at