Networker

Re: [Networker] Compress Savesets

2008-12-09 10:20:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Compress Savesets
From: Todd Bakken <Todd.Bakken AT CONEXUS DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 09:05:10 -0600
You should be able to perform hardware level queries/sets via the
cdi_set_compression/cdi_get_xxxx commands against the tape drive in
question. I've had to run this in my environment because somehow the
tape drive hardware compression was not enabled by default. The cdi
command line tools are installed with EMC Networker.