Networker

[Networker] EMC Networker / Celerra Data Mover - Can I share a TLU?

2008-12-08 07:15:27
Subject: [Networker] EMC Networker / Celerra Data Mover - Can I share a TLU?
From: bobalob <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 07:11:36 -0500
davina wrote:

> bobalob wrote:
> Quote:
> davina wrote:
>

> Quote:
> Absolutely it is possible. You can do both library sharing and drive
> sharing. This if fully supported.
>

> Thanks davina, should I just configure the library as 2 seperate jukeboxes on
> networker? one NDMP and one direct attached?
>
> There are lots of ways you can do it. There is no need to configure it
> as separate jukeboxes, you may find it simpler to have all the devices
> in the same jukebox.

Thanks for the information, but i'm getting a little stuck while trying to
configure it. I have zoned both networker and my data mover into the tape
drives and robot. I can add the drive as an NDMP library on networker which is
good, but then cant label tapes or do normal backups to it. As I only have one
jukebox license, I can't then add it as a local jukebox aswell.

You mentioned I could configure it on networker as a single device? do you know
of any documentation that I could use to view my options? I have access to
powerlink so can grab stuff from there if i need to.