Networker

[Networker] save set recover / directed recover

2008-12-03 06:22:00
Subject: [Networker] save set recover / directed recover
From: JK <johannes.karlsson AT SKYRR DOT IS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 06:20:32 -0500
Hi.

I need to restore files that where backed up 7 weeks ago. That particular
backup is recyclable, but has not been overwritten.

When I go to WINWORKR on the client and try to select the correct
browsetime in the directed recover (to be able to select individual file)
the program says:

no entries backed up to server at time

but when I go to the save set recover I can choose the browsetime I
need.But it's not as comfortable to recover a single folder by the save set
recovery as with the directed recovery.

I already ran the nsrck -L <client name> on the backup server.

Why can't I use the save set recover method to browse this version? Any
suggestions?