Networker

Re: [Networker] How to upgrade Networkers to 7.4.1 SP3

2008-12-01 12:31:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to upgrade Networkers to 7.4.1 SP3
From: Roberta Gold <gold11 AT LLNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:29:16 -0800
Two weeks age we tried to go from 7.2.1 to 7.4.3 on Solaris 9. Did not work. "nsrd" hung at startup and never even started the other NetWorker processes. We backed off 7.4.3 and installed 7.4.2. Everything has been fine since. We will probably upgrade to 7.4.3 sometime this week ...

Dear Folks,

We are planning to upgrade EMC Networker 7.1.X to 7.4.X for both win2k3 and Solaris backup servers to take backup for 200 clients using IBM ts3584.

1.Is it possible to upgrade directly from 7.1.3 to 7.4 ?
2.Does it need upgrade license?
3.What are the configuration files i need to take backup before upgrade ?
4.client side currently we are using 7.1.3 for all the 200 clients how to upgrade for all the clients in a single process.

Thank you very much~~!~~

|This was sent by walker.lazy AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http:// listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or
via RSS at http:// listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER

--
Roberta Gold
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory