Networker

Re: [Networker] How to upgrade Networkers to 7.4.1 SP3

2008-12-01 11:34:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to upgrade Networkers to 7.4.1 SP3
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:33:20 -0500
1) I believe it is possible -- although you will definitely have issues -- I had issues this past weekend just upgrading from 7.3.3 to 7.4.3! Specifically the NMC database conversion didn't work and I had to apply LGTsc21332 before starting gst after upgrading.

2) Yes, you will need an upgrade license -- You will find the enabler you need to add in the Release Notes for 7.4 -- then you need to contact EMC licensing to get it authorized so it doesn't expire on you.

3) The standard ones.... as much of the /nsr directory as you can (in case you have to go back -- it's much easier to restore the old directory and just ditch anything that has happened since the upgrade). I never ran 7.1 -- does it have NMC? If so, you should save the /opt/LGTO* directories too.

4) The 7.1.3 clients should work fine with the 7.4sp3 server. You can upgrade them after the server upgrade is successful. It is the server and storage nodes that have to be updated at the same time, the clients can go before or after.

Frank