Networker

Re: [Networker] Label Cleaning Media After Replacement

2008-11-26 15:27:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Label Cleaning Media After Replacement
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 15:25:20 -0500
You CANNOT label a cleaning tape !!! It is not writable media....
Whenever it gets placed into a tape drive, it simply cleans that drive
and is then ejected...

My networker server/library refused to recognize the tape until I
physically placed a barcode  label on the cleaning tape. I filled up my
library, except for the last slot, then imported the cleaning tape, and
it recognized it once it had a readable barcode label...
I have a 60 slot library, and specify the cleaning slot as the last slot
(#60).