Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo command

2008-11-24 10:13:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo command
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:08:32 +0000
Jóhannes Karl Karlsson wrote:
The mminfo command seems to be very powerful. But it tends to give too much
information.

I want to run the mminfo command just to give me this output regarding the
client I ask about:

Last day backup, success or failure
What is the failure
How much data backed up

Is it possible to format mminfo only to give this information?

mminfo may not give you all of what you want here. mminfo queries the media database, however this will not include any information about failed backups, since they will not be in the media database.

Information about success/failure can be found in the log files, or the savegroup completion notification, or for just the most recent backup in the NSR resource database for NSR group. This information can be seen using the nsradmin command.

mminfo can certainly give you the size of any completed save sets, and it is a very powerful tool for this. The -q -and -r parameters allow to to produce a totally customised report. See the man page or the command reference guide for comprehensive details.