Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker tape library - tapes showing as unlabelled??

2008-11-18 13:08:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker tape library - tapes showing as unlabelled??
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:05:11 -0600
Hello,
Seen this with Netapp VTL, eventually, resolved with upgrading firmware
and occasionally resetting VTL via nsrjb ( problem is now resolved
completely), however, you mentioned that the old lib was deleted and then
you saw this issue ? is that correct, did it happen only one time ?
Thanks

Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
11/18/2008 11:10 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Networker tape library - tapes showing as unlabelled??

This sounds like a configuration error -- drives or slots being out of
order -- rather than a tape that just appears as <unlabeled>.  I've
never experienced that problem -- and I'd be really upset with EMC if
some critical tape suddenly had the wrong label on it.

Frank

On 11/18/08 10:53 AM, Jóhannes Karl Karlsson wrote:
> I've also seen this. That was just after I deleted an old library from
the NW server (Networker 7.4.2 backing up to EDL 4200). The slots,
barcodes and volume name should be consistent in my case. Suddenly,in slot
399, the media with barcode 399 got volume name 406. The media in slot 406
then got "unlabeled".

> I tried hard reset with nsrjb -HHEvvv, but no change in my case. I ended
up with relabeling the tapes, and then do the hard reset.

type