Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker tape library - tapes showing as unlabelled??

2008-11-18 10:55:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker tape library - tapes showing as unlabelled??
From: Jóhannes Karl Karlsson <johannes.karlsson AT SKYRR DOT IS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:53:14 -0000
I've also seen this. That was just after I deleted an old library from the NW
server (Networker 7.4.2 backing up to EDL 4200). The slots, barcodes and volume
name should be consistent in my case. Suddenly,in slot 399, the media with
barcode 399 got volume name 406. The media in slot 406 then got "unlabeled".

I tried hard reset with nsrjb -HHEvvv, but no change in my case. I ended up
with relabeling the tapes, and then do the hard reset.