Networker

Re: [Networker] Full backups not backing up unmodified files

2008-11-18 08:37:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Full backups not backing up unmodified files
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:35:37 -0500
On 11/18/08 8:32 AM, Sitron, Aaron wrote:
I recently was at a disaster recovery test and took October's set of
month end fulls.  When we arrived at the site and started restoring,
Networker was asking for tapes from the middle of the month.  The files
that were not on the tapes hadn't been modified for some time, but
should Networker still back them up?

Did those "month end fulls" run at level "Full" and did they run clean? Yes, at level Full, NetWorker should back up every single file on the system.