Networker

Re: [Networker] connection reset errors, keepalive registry tweak.

2008-11-17 10:44:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] connection reset errors, keepalive registry tweak.
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:31:37 -0500
Hi,
The thing to remember about the way NetWorker sends data from the client to the server is that it is a form of FTP. There is a control connection and a data connection. It is likely the control connection that is timing out because there is absolutely no traffic on that connection while the saveset is being sent to the backup server on the data connection.

I've had to apply keepalive changes to my solaris and linux servers (I haven't had to modify any clients) so their control connections do not die during those backups that take hours.

Frank