Networker

Re: [Networker] How can I determine where a save is coming from ?

2008-11-06 13:43:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] How can I determine where a save is coming from ?
From: Keith Roy <Keith.Roy AT FAIRCHILDSEMI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:40:02 -0500
Paul,

A quick way to tell who is asking for a default tape is to label a tape
and put it into the default pool.  Load the volume into your storage
library or drive, and watch via the sessions pane which client starts
writing to it.

Good luck.

Keith
---

"Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
11/06/2008 01:20 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
"Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] How can I determine where a save is coming from ?

Help...
Our backup server just started requesting a tape from the 'Default'
pool, which we don't use...
I suspect some user has started a backup on a client... How can I tell
which client the save was started from ??? I also can't seem to mount a
tape I've labeled for the Default pool, and am unable to modify the
default pool to add devices... Whets up with that ???
I need to find out who started this from which client ??? Any Clues ?
Our server is Win2003 running NW 7.4.2

Thank You,

Paul
--