Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC question

2008-11-05 12:17:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC question
From: Will Parsons <w.parsons AT LEEDS.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 17:16:06 +0000
Hi Skip,
Leeds University are running NMC on Solaris 10. Basically because that's what our Networker server & Storage nodes are on, and I've piggy-backed it on a Storage Node.

GUI execution is on a mix of Solaris 10 (Gnome) desktop and Windows.

I'm struggling with Java (in)compatibility at the moment because of this set-up - The NMC has to be 7.3.3. to match the Storage Node and Client software on the box, but the GUI then doesn't work with Java 1.6 (or 1.5?) on Windows...

Hope that's of use or interest?

From
Will Parsons

Skip Hanson wrote:
All,
  Good morning. I am looking for some usage information on NMC. I want
to know which platforms (Windows, Solaris etc.)
our users are running NMC. If you have a moment could you send me a
quick email at: networker_usability AT emc DOT com and let me know your preferred platform ?
  This is also an opportunity to advertise our usability alias again.
Please send me any usability issues, enhancement ideas etc.
 for NMC. I read all the mails and a your input is crucial to us.

Cheers,
Skip

w.parsons AT leeds.ac DOT uk
UNIX Support
Information Systems Services
The University of Leeds
+44 113 343 5670

“I’m not against progress, it’s the change I do not like” – Mark Twain