Networker

Re: [Networker] de-duplication

2008-11-05 08:31:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] de-duplication
From: Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 00:29:35 +1100
over time you will see a degredation in performance of the advft dev. By
completly staging everthing, and starting from scratch, you will find that your
performance increases again.
Siobhán> Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 07:12:29 -0500> From: Frank.Swasey AT uvm DOT
edu> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU; siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Subject: Re: [Networker] de-duplication> > On 11/5/08 2:23 AM, Siobhán Ellis
wrote:> > > > The problem with Advanced File Type devices is the file system
fragmentation you suffer. That reduces performance as it is, without the
de-dupe being thrown in. You should look at what the implications of that
is.Siobhán> > Siobhán,> What is this file system fragmentation problem with
aftd's you are > talking about. I'm not aware of this issue.> > Thanks,> > -- >
Frank Swasey | http://www.uvm.edu/~fcs> Sr Systems Administrator | Always
remember: You are UNIQUE,> University of Vermont | just like everyone else.> "I
am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)> >
Net yourself a bargain. Find great deals on eBay.
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Frover%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Frover%2F1%2F705%2D10129%2D5668%2D323%2F4%3Fid%3D10&_t=763807330&_r=hotmailTAGLINES&_m=EXT