Networker

Re: [Networker] files missing in backup

2008-11-04 17:44:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] files missing in backup
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 09:41:22 +1100
On 04/11/2008, at 23:53 , Lentes, Bernd wrote:

hello,

i'm trying to test a desaster recovery using Legato Networker.
But i realized that some files in my backup are missing, so my drc does not work properly. The files are effective on the computer, i see them and can access them.
It's about kernel modules, e.g. usbcore.ko is missing.

If I remember correctly, NW 7.2 automatically applies "Unix Standard Directives" to Linux clients.

This has the unfortunate side effect of skipping "core", which can exclude chunks of files, though usually only those named "core" or under a directory called "core" (this usually skips chunks of the source tree).

Alternatively, have you setup a directive that say, skips *core* ?

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.crcpress.com/shopping_cart/products/product_detail.asp?sku=AU6396&isbn=9781420076394&parent_id=&pc=

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com