Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup WithVSS Client: Microsoft Application Module

2008-11-03 16:21:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup WithVSS Client: Microsoft Application Module
From: Bruce Breidall <Bruce.Breidall AT CONCUR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 13:19:12 -0800
[1] Solutions Enabler are the set of API commands needed to manage EMC
equipment from the command line level. The code is all there for all of
the EMC features (SRDF, Timefinder, Symmconsole, etc...), but they need
proper licensing to activate.

[2] I am not familiar with this NMM VSS configuration, but based on the
notes you provided it sounds like the solena client in the NW config is
a special client used by NW to execute specific EMC commands for the
feature you are working with.
It also sounds like there is a lot of information and steps missing with
regards to this setup that might be further documented in an EMC manual,
not sure.

Regards.