Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.3 on Solaris 10 using ADIC i500

2008-10-28 19:26:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.3 on Solaris 10 using ADIC i500
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:24:34 +1100

Ok - is the drive FC or SCSI connected?

The permission denied error may be from a SCSI reservation - is the
drive shared with other systems at all?

Or perhaps another thing that can happen here is if /dev/rmt/2cbn is no
longer really pointing at the drive device because its been relocated to
another bus or another device has got in the way...

There's no point playing with networker settings or the library config
until you can get the device working at the os level, ie the mt status
command returns normally.

If it's a FC connected drive - try looking a 'cfgadm -al' to ensure your
device is configured,  try running inquire to verify /dev/rmt/2cbn is
visible to networker   (you may need to run lus_add_fp_devs if you have
certain types of HBA cards)

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store
or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all
copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's
own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.