Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC Networker Upgrade 7.3 to 7.4 SP3

2008-10-28 18:37:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC Networker Upgrade 7.3 to 7.4 SP3
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 18:32:34 -0400
> From: psoni <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
> Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:19:18 -0400
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: [Networker] EMC Networker Upgrade 7.3 to 7.4 SP3
>
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to upgrade Networker from 7.3 to 7.4 SP3 for Windows 2003.
>
> Configuration:
> 1 Networker server
> 3 Storage nodes
> 10 Clients
>
> Can anyone let me know the complete procedure for the upgrade ?
>
> These are some of the questions i have....
>
> [1] Do i need to uninstall the earlier version ?
>
> [2] If "yes", how would i recover the current config after upgrade ?
>
> [3] How would i upgrade the networker management console ?
>       version 3.2 is the current version.
>
> [4] Do i need to get enabler codes ( more licenses ) after the upgrade ?

I recommend you read the release notes for 7.4.3. You'll find the answers to
most of your questions there.

To upgrade the Console Manager, remove the old version and install the new
one. The same is true of the NetWorker software, itself. Ideally, you will
run the Console Manager on a different server then the one you use for your
NetWorker server.