Networker

Re: [Networker] Backups in Solaris containers

2008-10-23 14:52:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backups in Solaris containers
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:49:01 -0400
I do not know if that would be the answer. Can you dedup an Oracle hot backup
using DD? Is anyone using DD for dedup of the DB running in local containers.
Unfortunately someone made the decision to go down this road and I need a real
world solution. I do not have time or the resources to eval and test different
solutions.

Thanks for you input.

EDWARD COTY

LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA, NACP