Networker

Re: [Networker] Exchange 2003 directed restore

2008-10-23 06:13:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Exchange 2003 directed restore
From: Mesut Mert <mesut.mert AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:04:42 +0400
Hi,
Directed recovery is to recover exchange data to a different Exchange
server. In this case, Storage group and database names must match exactly on
recovery server. The recovery server must be configured with the same
organization name and administrative group name as the original Exchange
server. That means you can not use your orginal forest for recovery server.
Simply Exchange is integrated with A.D. This is all about directed recovery.
In case you perform a recovery on production exchange server to RSG, this is
not directed recovery.

Cheers,
Mesut