Networker

Re: [Networker] Media Info suggest manually labeling a new writable volume

2008-10-22 16:26:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Media Info suggest manually labeling a new writable volume
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 20:22:27 +0000
On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 03:32:55PM -0400, ceejay187 wrote:
> A Darren Dunham wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 09:49:40AM -0400, ceejay187 wrote:

> I have switched some tapes to appendable

How did you switch it to appendable?  What did you switch it from?
(switching from 'full' to 'appendable' isn't going to work too well).

> and some are full recyclable
> in the Filesystem pool. When it is time to backup I get a message
> saying Media Info:Suggest manually labeling a new writable volume for
> pool filesystem. Then I start to manually label a tape to Filesystem
> again and then it starts to back up. It is very weird because it does
> this too a few clients only.

Next time it does that, what do you get for this?  I assume that your
pool is called 'Filesystem'?

mminfo -av -q 'pool=Filesystem,near' -r 'volume,pool,volflags,state,%used'

If that's not too many, post it.  It should show all the 'Filesystem'
pool volumes in your library, with a couple of stats showing if it's
full or if it's eligible for recycling.

--
Darren