Networker

Re: [Networker] Savepnpc and Output @ Console in Linux

2008-10-17 07:14:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Savepnpc and Output @ Console in Linux
From: Patricio Mora <patricio.mora AT JUNTADEANDALUCIA DOT ES>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:11:29 +0200
This is normal behaviour. Every command which logs some echo to console, event if it carries the corresponding carriage return, has the effect of hidding the system prompt behind that echo. You have it there even if you don't see it. When you press enter is like enterng an empty command to the shell or the login prompt, which effect is to show insert a carriage return and showing the prompt again. So simple as this.

JGillTech escribió:
My groupname.res file looks like this on the client:
type: savepnpc;
precmd:  "/bin/bash /etc/init.d/mysql stop";
pstcmd:  "/bin/bash /etc/init.d/mysql start";
timeout:  "12:00:00";
abort precmd with group:  Yes;

When the backup runs, I am getting the output of these commands on the console
(when I am on tty1).  Looks like this:

root@limes:/nsr/res#  * Stopping MySQL database server mysqld .... done

This takes away my prompt until I press enter... is there anyway to surpress
this?  I have admins working on this server that are receiving this output.
This occurs even when I am logged out.