Networker

[Networker] Networker 7.4 with Solaris IP multipathing

2008-10-16 13:27:34
Subject: [Networker] Networker 7.4 with Solaris IP multipathing
From: "Coronel, David" <David.Coronel AT MELOCHEMONNEX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:24:02 -0400
Good day,

I have Networker 7.4.3 on a Solaris 10 server. We use IP multipathing
(IPMP) on our Solaris server for NIC redundancy. I've been having
problems with Networker and IPMP. My nsrmmd daemons on my storage nodes
would die constantly because the requests from my Networker server would
come from any of the two NICs (which are two different hostnames)
configured on the same subnet in the same IPMP group. To workaround this
issue, I put an entry in the /etc/hosts of my storage nodes to point the
two hostnames to the same IP (the primary interface of the Networker
server). Since doing that, I don't have the dying nsrmmd daemons issue
anymore. I have the feeling though that this is not a clean solution and
I was wondering what the rest of you were doing with Solaris servers to
allow for NIC redundancy along with a clean Networker setup.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you,
David Coronel