Networker

Re: [Networker] networker price sheet

2008-10-08 09:01:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] networker price sheet
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 07:49:52 -0500
Hello,
NDMP backups require one licence per cluster head, meaning FAS3050c would
need two licences, there are different model for pricing NDMP based on
capacity, they are nowhere close to regular client licensing in the price,
budget substantially more.
HTH

Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
10/07/2008 04:18 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
networker price sheet

My procurement department has decided to sever the relationship with
one of my main resellers, and I'm stuck trying to provide rough
estimates to fill in the blanks for next fiscal year.  I need things
like tiers of Disk Backup options, NDMP licenses, etc. I've just
gotten in touch with my EMC rep directly, but it will take some time
to build that relationship.

Is there a simple price sheet I can refer to in the mean time?  48 TB
of disk backup and NDMP licenses are my main concerns.  If I have
NetApp active/active cluster, does it require one NDMP license or one
per head?

Thanks,
Eugene

type