Networker

[Networker] SL500 and Alphastor

2008-10-08 05:06:05
Subject: [Networker] SL500 and Alphastor
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 05:02:29 -0400
We don't use one with AlphaStor, but connect to a 7+ year old L700 instead.
Most of your concerns are in-line with mine though.

I just looked at the SL500 site, and it does not mention ACSLS (which would
make it AlphaStor compatible).  The older L500 had that as an option, but this
version is instead touting the ability to partition it into multiple libraries
(I'd guess by media type), which removes the main purpose of AS.

What do you use AlphaStor for, if you don't mind my asking?  In our case its
for true mixed media in a library that you can't partition, plus the ease of
automated tape movement with *very* few scripts and almost 100% certainty.

--TSK
Tim Kimball, Sungard/BRASS