Networker

Re: [Networker] Bootstrap Notification

2008-10-06 10:34:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bootstrap Notification
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 10:30:49 -0400
wanhyo On 10/6/08 8:24 AM, "wanhyo" <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I get a bootstrap notification daily. This comes to my local mailbox.
> In the event of a disaster, I would not have the bootstrap details. Is there a
> way to get NetWorker to send the bootstrap info to 2 e-mail addresses?
> Does it write to a file on nsr folder?
>
> I am using NetWorker 7.3.3 on Windows Server 2003.

What I do is I have a cron job that simply does a

Mminfo -B | mailx -s "Bootstrap" somewhere

And the "somewhere" is an address that points to a Listserv list I set up to
keep the bootstraps. On that list is another address that refers to a gmail
address. So every day, I get a bootstrap copy on my local list and a copy
that goes to a list on gmail. So I end up with three copies of each
bootstrap. I do this on a Solaris server, but the same concept would work on
any platform via your favorite job scheduler.