Networker

Re: [Networker] Criteria for /nsr/tmp deletion Networker 7.4.1

2008-10-03 16:35:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Criteria for /nsr/tmp deletion Networker 7.4.1
From: Denis <denis.mail.list AT FREE DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 22:32:02 +0200
----- "John Yard" <jyard AT AIS.UCLA DOT EDU> a écrit :

> How is the deletion of material from the /nsr/tmp
> directory controlled ? From the admin gui ?
>
> If it is externally deleted , what is the criterion ?
>
> I get many :
>
> see the file /nsr/tmp/sg/Advpor AIX/sso.advpor.ais.ucla.edu.FLU6ac
> for
> details. This file may be removed after Wed Oct  8 02:40:00
>
> Thks,
>
> JYard
> UCLA

Hello,

I don't know exactly if the behavior is the same, but in older version (7.3.x),
these directories/files are those used by NW to store information data during
group execution. After group termination, this data is copied to
savegroup_completion.log then deleted.

In some cases, NW cannot delete it (group hung or other...).

In order to get this directory clean (or to avoid filesystem space exhaustion),
you can stop NW and perform a rm -R /nsr/tmp command.

Hope this helps.