Networker

Re: [Networker] VSS causing Exchagne IS to crash

2008-10-03 11:24:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] VSS causing Exchagne IS to crash
From: Mark Stilwell <mstilw AT SANDIA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 11:08:56 -0400
Mark,
I experienced the same thing. I added an enabler for VSS on my Networker
server and scheduled backups that had been working for years, caused my
Exchange IS to crash. I did not specify any VSS savesets, or even ALL
savesets, just a C:\ saveset. Since it causes me grief when my production
Exchange IS crashes, I removed the VSS enabler and no longer had the
problem. It didn't look like anyone else has replied to this post. Did you
ever get any information about this from anywhere else?