Networker

[Networker] SL500 and Alphastor

2008-10-03 09:15:16
Subject: [Networker] SL500 and Alphastor
From: Jon Fraley <jfraley AT glenraven DOT com>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 09:07:56 -0400
Networker 7.3.3
Alphastor 3.1.1

We are doing a complete upgrade of our backup infrastructure.  One of
the new components is a StorageTek SL500.  We have since found out the
SL500 is not in the support matrix for Alphastor. We are aware that
Alphastor will be going EOL.  Also we will be upgrading Networker around
years end.

My questions are; Is anyone using the SL500 with Alphastor?  And if we
can't, what's the best way to manage importing/exporting of tapes?  We
have always had Alphastor in our environment.

Thanks -- Jon